Hooray! It’s Purim Time!
Help us Celebrate!
There’s Still Time to Order!
Purim Basket Orders Due February 10th
On Purim, it is a mitzvah to send Mishloah Manot – gifts of baked goods, sweets, and fruits to family, friends, and neighbors. Har Shalom’s Sisterhood makes this mitzvah possible for members of our congregation, but in order to make this happen, we need your help.
Volunteers are needed to to assemble and deliver the Mishloah Manot baskets:
- Assemble baskets: Join us at Har Shalom on Sunday, March 5, any time between
9 am – 1 pm.
- Deliver baskets: You will pick up your baskets and assigned route on Sunday, March 5, between 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm. You can deliver the baskets that day or up until Purim (anytime between March 5 and March 12, except on Shabbat).
Lunch will be provided to our dedicated group of volunteers. No one will go hungry!
We need a minimum of 30 people to assemble baskets and there are 64 routes to deliver them. Some routes are short, so a few people drive 2 routes. Please contact us as soon as possible, but no later than February 17, to let us know how you would like to help – by assembling Purim Baskets, delivering to local recipients, or doing both.
Register one of three ways:
- Sign Up Online:
- Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/jhNuxB
- Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
- Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone.
- Email the Purim Basket Committee: PurimBaskets@harshalom.org
- Or call and leave us a voicemail: 301-299-7087 ext. 414
Purim Bag Assembly and Driver Coordinator
Thank you for your help!