Children, Teens and College Kids
Online Study & Research
- MyJewishLearning.com A joint production of Hebrew College and Jewish Family & Life! Media, this new website is a multi-denominational Jewish learning website with deep information on Jewish History and Community, Daily Life & Practice, Holidays, Lifecycle Events, Ideas & Beliefs, and Culture.
- The Jewish Virtual Library Presented by the American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise for information about Jewish history, Israel, U.S.-Israel relations, the Holocaust, anti-Semitism and Judaism.
- Jewishnet – Global Jewish Information Network An extensive network of links, claiming to have more than 100,000 documents indexed.
- Hebrew College In addition to classes at its Boston and Florida campuses, Hebrew College offers numerous courses via the Web and e-mail for credit or non-credit.
- JTS Online The distance learning arm of the Jewish Theological Seminary.
Jewish History & Genealogy
- American Jewish Historical Society AJHS is a national scholarly resource for research through the collection, preservation and dissemination of materials relating to American Jewish history.
- Center for Jewish History The Center is a partnership of five major institutions of Jewish scholarship, history and art, with combined holdings of 100 million archival documents, a half million books, and thousands of photographs, artifacts, paintings and textiles – the largest repository documenting the Jewish experience outside of Israel.
- The Feinstein Center for American Jewish History The Center is an academic unit of the Department of History in Temple’s College of Arts and Sciences. It’s mission is to be a resource center and a clearing house for information concerning American Jewish history and to promote a systematic approach to the study of American Jewish history.
- Jewish History Around the Globe From Abraham, the father of Israel, to the formation of modern Israel as an autonomous democratic state in 1948 up to the present, the history of the Jewish people spans about 3,700 years. Here’s more information on Jewish history.
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum America’s national institution for the documentation, study, and interpretation of Holocaust history, and serves as this country’s memorial to the millions of people murdered during the Holocaust.
- Yad Vashem The Holocaust Martyrs’and Heroes’ Remembrance Authority Established by act of the Israeli Knesset in 1953, Yad Vashem’s mission is to commemorate the six million murdered Jews and to perpetuate the legacy of the Holocaust to future generations.
- Simon Wiesenthal Center SWC is an international Jewish human rights organization dedicated to preserving the memory of the Holocaust by fostering tolerance and understanding through community involvement, educational outreach and social action.
- Survivors of the Shoah Visual History Foundation Established in 1994 by Steven Spielberg after filming Schindler’s List, the Shoah Foundation has collected more than 50,000 eyewitness testimonies in 57 countries and 32 languages, and is committed to ensuring the broad and effective educational use of its archive worldwide.
- March of the Living International 2002 The March of the Living is an international, educational program that brings Jewish teens from all over the world to Poland on Yom Hashoach, Holocaust Memorial Day.
Other Jewish Organizations